Celadon Mansion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokémon Secrets and Rumours

2 posters

Go down

Which baserom should this thread use?

Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Vote_lcap65%Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Vote_rcap 65% 
[ 15 ]
Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Vote_lcap4%Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Vote_lcap17%Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 4 ]
Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Vote_lcap13%Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Vote_lcap0%Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Vote_lcap0%Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 23

Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Empty Pokémon Secrets and Rumours

Post by Mateo Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:01 pm

Pokemon: Secrets and Rumors
The way WE PRETENDED it was supposed to be.

NOTE: This is still the information regarding the Silver-based version. This thread will be updated regularly as the hack evolves into a community project.

Hack of:
Pokémon Silver Version

Prologue:

Before we get started, lets start off with an anecdote of sorts. We can remember countless hours when we were in elementary school on the computer, at a friend's house, or in the library when we could play games, or on those old Maxpages sites reading up about Pikablu and all the other nonsense. It seems ridiculous now, all those things we used to believe back then yet now we all know were just things everyone else made up. If I had a nickel for every time I tried to flip the truck over or get a Pikablu from the guy on top of Cinnabar Gym, I would be a very wealthy man right now.

Story:
This hack takes place in Kanto 3 years before Pokemon Gold and Silver. Now that has you thinking, "wait just a minute. Red/Blue/Yellow took place in Kanto 3 years before Gold and Silver!" Well, you would be right! You see, what Pokemon: Secrets and Rumours is, is essentially Red version, the way we all pretended it was supposed to be, but with a twist. While it is essentially a "Red Remake" of sorts, it will not just be the same old story as before. There will be new things that weren't rumoured here and there, but they won't detract from the nostalgia too much. Also the biggest thing will also be all the major Rumors that people made up and believed, from Pikablu to Brick Town, will be fully implemented in the game, as close to the nonsense as you can get.

What's New:
In a way, everything!

- Practically every event (and EVERY major event) has been completely re-scripted from scratch.
- New Items (Some rumoured, some just new)
- New Pokemon (Pikablu, Sapusaur, etc.)
- A few Johto Pokemon included in rumored ways.
- Orange Islands after Kanto(Won't say how you get there, but it will be similar to how you got to Kanto in GSC)
- Another Team in the New Region. (Still TR in Kanto, it has to be authentic doesnt it?)
- New features to be explained later(Such as an actual Town Map item, instead of you just getting the Pokegear)
- New areas to explore in Kanto.
- More nonsense from Team Rocket in Kanto (Including, but not limited too, Rocket Nonsense in Brick Town)

Returning Favourites:
- The original RBY TM list
- The original Kanto Gym leaders.
- Everything you knew and loved from the games that started it all.
- Cameo appearances by characters from other Pokemon Games.
- Things you may have seen before but forgot you have.
- No Clock or Day/Night.

Screenshots
Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Titlenew
Snazzy title screen, featuring Charmander

Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Nidorino
Yeah, it's Nidorino. Just like before.

Pokémon Secrets and Rumours 66221401
My, my! Loving the Retro SNES in your room. Also the good ol' RBY graphics.

Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Squirtle
You now have a choice of the original starters! Yay!

Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Yaybulba
Battle against your rival.

Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Hmmmkit
Wonder where that ladder goes? (Nowhere, as it does not exist anymore)

Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Oldmtmoonagain
Retro Mt Moon

Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Newpikasprite
New Pikachu sprite (Actually from Yellow  Razz)

Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Whereisthis
You've never seen this town before. Ever. But you've heard about it. (Night no longer happens)

Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Route23
Three guesses which route this is, and the first two don't count! (Night no longer happens)

Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Musuem
Chillin at Pewter Museum of Science

Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Enterprise
Pokémon Secrets and Rumours RolfIt's been a long road... Gettin' from there to herePokémon Secrets and Rumours Rolf

Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Museumness
Also at Pewter Museum of Science. Note the new look from the current beta.

Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Thunderjolt
Pikachu used Thundersho-- wtf? Thunderjolt? He only knew that in the TCG! (Lol old pikachu pic from Green)

Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Garyy
Thanks to KageX for the backpic!

Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Skeetonhissister
Gary's Sister giving you the Town Map (NOT a gorram Pokegear! xD)

Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Kantosar
The Town Map. Looks a lot like RBY, huh? Also I fixed the bug with looping  Very Happy

Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Redremake1
Start Menu. Note that the Pack has been renamed to ITEM (still has pockets though)
Also, Notice anything different about the little descriptor that talks about each option?  Razz

Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Martiql
Retro Pokémarts, not just Pokécenters now!

Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Iwonder
Wonder who that evolves?

Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Manaffy
Hmmm...

Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Wun
Wonder what's going on in that warehouse?

Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Wuneand
Wonder whose house this is?

Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Orangerl

More screenshots to come.

Videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGHgTsUIAsY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4qjo4AID3M

Credits
Credits go to:
KageX for the player's back pic
MeanMrMustard for a document he gave me, explaining various minor ASM hacks happening throughout.
HyperHacker for the 256 Tile Hack (It is used, but basically just for the extra map block ability)
Coolboyman for help with Items, and the location of many, many different things.
Tauwasser for the scripting compendium, without which none of my script changes would exist
Redstar for concept ideas on rumour implementation
Nidofree for help with beta testing
Prima's Official Strategy Guide for Pokémon Red and Blue Versions
Everyone here on the board for your support, suggestions, and bearing with me while I have delays
Maxpages.com for letting anyone with half a brain make a web page, causing the rumours this game is based on in the first place
Mountain Dew Throwback for fueling random late nights working on this hack
Pepsi Throwback for fueling random late nights working on this hack

Become a fan on Facebook!

Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Indexhlw          Download Hack:
OLD VERSION:      IPS Patch (Version 1.1)    
NEW VERSION:      FIXED - IPS Patch (2012 Demo)    FIXED - JAR file (2012 Demo) Meboy Emulator    FIXED - GBC ROM File (2012 Demo, no need to patch)

ALTERNATE VERSION: (Uses Kanto battles themes instead of Johto) Based on latest release, credit goes to munchulax
Pokémon Secrets and Rumours VbaGBC File Download
Pokémon Secrets and Rumours IpsIPS Download (Patch to clean ROM)

This demo goes through Brick Town. You no longer have to use gameshark codes to get to Brick Town, because our friends who choose to use iOS can't use them. There are now steps beside the entrance to Cerulean Cave. You cannot enter Cerulean City even with cheats, I broke the connection. You also cannot enter Cerulean Cave early, I made the warp link back on itself. You might get stuck if you walk onto it though, because you will try to walk out and the man will be in the way. So don't do it!

Last edited by Mateo on Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:49 am; edited 3 times in total
Mateo
Mateo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Empty Re: Pokémon Secrets and Rumours

Post by Mateo Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:40 am

That's a good point. I tried to mention that on the Facebook page at the same time I was using it to share a link to this forum, but the thread could really just use a whole reworking as soon as we get some progress on the Red version (I also think that a good starting point in the Gen II Graphics patch by Danny-E33 like I mentioned on Skeetendo at one point). But yeah, I'll try to go in and explain it better at some point.
Mateo
Mateo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by tysonrss Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:35 am

So this is going to be a Red hack for now on?
tysonrss
tysonrss

Back to top Go down

Post by Mateo Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:50 pm

I believe that is the current plan.
Mateo
Mateo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down