Celadon Mansion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Gold Hack] Pokémon Spirits and Legends

2 posters

Go down

[Gold Hack] Pokémon Spirits and Legends Empty [Gold Hack] Pokémon Spirits and Legends

Post by Mateo Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:05 pm

NOTE: This hack is still in development, and ideas can still be contributed

Hack Name:
-----------------
Pokémon Spirits and Legends

Hack of:
-----------------
Pokémon Gold Version

Storyline:
-----------------
This hack takes place in the Johto region the same year as original Gold and Pokémon Christmas. Team Rocket is still on the down-low, trying to regain their numbers so they can make a come back in the winter, but that doesn't mean there is nothing sinister afoot. Quite the opposite, actually. A lot of strange things have been happening in Johto. Trainers have reported being challenged by ghostly trainers on the roads, and ghost Pokémon are haunting areas that they normally avoid. On top of that, a mysterious stranger has been seen around the region, and his appearance probably has a lot to do with these encounters, as well as an artifact that has been stolen from the Pewter Museum of Science.

The protagonist is a young guy from Cherrygrove City, named Jack. While he gets off to a bit of a rocky start at the beginning of his journey, Prof. Elm sees he has potential, and volunteers him to help a certain individual in getting to the bottom of these strange occurrences around Johto and on into Kanto.

What's new:
-----------------
-Two rivals. One male (Daren), one female (Jael). Both are from the area around your home town. (They cannot be named in-game, but their names are subject to change before release.)
-Many new areas. Some from HG/SS, others completely new.
-The Global Terminal. Only place you can trade with other games, also has in-game trades and the like. Located in Goldenrod, the way it is in the remakes.
-Pokémon Evolutions. Due to popular demand, Pokémon that typically require trading to evolve will now evolve in new ways. The list of new ways will be released once the Pokémon list has been finalized.
-New Pokémon. Taken from newer gens, like they were in Pokémon Christmas.
-New recurring characters. Some are from existing games, and some are new.
-New Trainer Classes. Ghost trainers, Ghost Hunters, Trick-or-Treaters, and more.
-New Items. Some are key items involved in the story, others serve other roles.
-New Gameplay Elements. The "Trendy Phrase", functional incense burners (for luring Pokémon), and more.
-Events. A few cool things will be unlockable based on what the "Trendy Phrase" is set to, but these will be announced later (and not required for the story to progress).

Trivia
-----------------
-The protagonist from this game made a cameo appearance in Pokémon Christmas. He appears as an Ace Trainer in the small cave/secret base to the South of Lake of Rage.
-Hiro and Kris make minor cameo appearances, although they are not yet trainers.
-Team Rocket will make a small cameo appearance, although they are mostly still in hiding.
-One of the recurring characters is based on another anime, and one is taken from a newer gen game.

Characters
-----------------
[Gold Hack] Pokémon Spirits and Legends Jael
Jael - One of your rivals. A girl from Cherrygrove, like the player.

[Gold Hack] Pokémon Spirits and Legends Daren
Daren - Your other rival (Sprite will probably be modified in the future). From New Bark Town, but knew Jael and the player before the start of the game.

*Not Pictured Yet*
Jack - The player. A guy from Cherrygrove, and initially a bit of a slacker.

Newer Screenshots (Will be updated randomly)
-----------------
This will be updated periodically, until there is enough of it to re-do the main thread.
[Gold Hack] Pokémon Spirits and Legends Shrineu
A shrine in Ecruteak City. Still has the default sprite, but Jack will have his own overworld.

[Gold Hack] Pokémon Spirits and Legends Droidd
An image of the Pokegear (Relabled as the Droid)

[Gold Hack] Pokémon Spirits and Legends Droid1g
Another image of the Droid/Pokegear.

[Gold Hack] Pokémon Spirits and Legends Zoney
Look familiar?
I won't usually upload full maps, I only did for this just to get some feedback on the way I implemented this area. This will also be subject to future tweaking and improving.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OLD VERSION STUFF
Completely unrelated to the new version, this old version can be forgotten about really.
This section will be removed once the new version becomes available.

Old Screenshots:

[Gold Hack] Pokémon Spirits and Legends Halloweene

[Gold Hack] Pokémon Spirits and Legends Pokemongoldu

Download here.
Mediafire link (whole rom) here.

Last edited by Mateo on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Mateo
Mateo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

[Gold Hack] Pokémon Spirits and Legends Empty Re: [Gold Hack] Pokémon Spirits and Legends

Post by Axe Jaw Fri May 17, 2013 5:38 pm

You've added some water and ice type pokemons winter related from new Generations in Christmas Hack.

Ah, maybe obviously you would be adding few new ghost and dark type pokemons As of Generation V in that Halloween Hack' right Mateo? Very Happy
Axe Jaw
Axe Jaw

Back to top Go down

[Gold Hack] Pokémon Spirits and Legends Empty Re: [Gold Hack] Pokémon Spirits and Legends

Post by Mateo Sat May 18, 2013 3:53 am

Yep, that's right! Sorry I missed this post for a while. But yes, there will be new Dark and Ghost pokemon added from the later generations in this hack Flannery
Mateo
Mateo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Axe Jaw Sat May 18, 2013 4:46 am

Ta! Well I'm not sure exactly if this is the right place to ask this, I wanted to know that Can you held any plan about releasing this hack final version in 2013? Razz
Axe Jaw
Axe Jaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Mateo Sat May 18, 2013 1:20 pm

I don't think this one will be ready in 2013. It is still largely in planning stages. I know I have a few screenshots up, but I haven't done much with this yet. I've started doing a little bit of map work, but not a lot. Those routes that lead to the Safari Zone aren't even connected yet, for example. I just saved the pics from the editor and put them together in paint to show how they will be connected. I've mainly been working on finishing up the update for Christmas, and just making notes of ideas for this one when I think of them.
Mateo
Mateo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down